The Bike Valley wind tunnel is a unique, independent, low speed wind tunnel designed specifically for cyclists and the cycling industry, where aerodynamic drag and turbulence can be measured for manufacturers, product developers, and athletes. A purpose-built wind tunnel can lead to higher overall accuracy and repeatability than the those built for aeronautics, aviation, motorsports, or other scientific research.
Got any questions? Let us know!
Facts & figures
- Open circuit wind tunnel (~50m in length)
- Maximum wind speed 30m/s (108km/h)
- Test section 2.5m x 2.5m x 6.5m (two cyclists in succession can be tested)
- Wind tunnel design allows for high level of laminar flow, which leads to very accurate and repeatable results
- Test platform easily accessible for subjects as well as analysts
- Possibility to shield test platform for confidentiality reasons
Everyone is welcome for aero fitting (from amateurs to professional athletes)!
- Aero Fit Bronze:
- Optimization of the total surface
- 30 minutes - 125 euro (excl. VAT)
- Aero Fit Silver:
- State-of-the-art windtunneltest, optimization of the total shear force
- 1 uur - 500 euro (excl. VAT)
- Aero Fit Gold:
- Extensive windtunneltest, tracktest & premium bike fit
- 3 days - 6000 euro (excl. VAT)
Advanced testing options
- Balance measuring system to determine weight and drag forces up to 0,1N
- 3D dynamic bike-fitting system able to visualize asymmetry in motion
- Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) system to visualize velocity and direction of the air
- 3D machined dummy of cyclists can made for sustained or laser measurements
- Broad capabilities for low speed aerodynamic testing (sports tools, clothes, drones, and so on)
See the windtunnel with your own eyes? It's possible! We offer Bike Valley Experience Tours. If you only want to visit the tunnel that's also possible. Surf to www.toerismeberingen.be for tickets, additional info or to plan your visit.